Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Project Open Squish!

Something exciting happened today!  A couple weeks ago I entered a contest called Project Open Squish hosted by Squishable.  For those of you who don't know what Squishables are, they're basically big, fat, round stuffed animals, so pretty much they're one of my favorite things X3  The contest they were holding was to design a Squishable and I ended up entering six designs (after the only design I entered was rejected but they really wanted me to enter some more since they loved my art style)  In the end, 4 of the 6 designs I entered made it into the finals (and that's about 50 designs out of the 2000+ that were entered)!!!!  I'm so excited and can't wait for the voting to begin!  

Two of my designs are in a animal only vote off, where multiples of the same animal will go against each other and the top two will go to the final voting rounds!  Those two are the Dodo (which was super surprising) and the Pug,

Dodo Design~

Pug design (I really like his wall-eyes)~

The other two designs will be up for vote in the Fall/Spring (not sure when that is, but I'll make sure to post when it's happening) voting period.  Those are the Beaver (which is my absolute fav of the bunch) and the Puffin!  
Beaver desgin

 Puffin design

I am just way too excited that so many of my entries made it into the top and I hope at least one of them might win!  Just too exciting X3

No comments:

Post a Comment