Saturday, November 24, 2012

Surviving Black Friday and MLP Ornament Preview~

Survived Black Friday! I got up with my (very patient and wonderful) fiancĂ© at 5AM to head out to Joann's. Thankfully, the majority of my Thanksgiving was spent organizing my new workshop (just started renting a new house, I am totally thrilled with all the work space I now find myself with~), and planning my Joann's trip, right down to the color and yardage of every fabric I planned on picking up. We got in and out of the store in an hour and 15 minutes (a huge improvement from years past, when it's taken 3 or so HOURS), and I saved OVER $500. O___O 

Stocked up on a lot of fleece for hoodies, and also picked up some cute prints for phone cases, and colored flannels to make My Little Pony phone cases! Hopefully I'll be able to make some soon, but most likely I won't get a chance until after Christmas since all my gifts are handmade~

Also, got a (somewhat crappy cell phone) photo preview of my newest item: My Little Pony Christmas ornaments! I am SUPER pleased with how these look, the matching ribbon and rhinestone is totally perfect~ Waiting on some supplies to come in so I can finish the rest, but I hope to have the Mane 6 (and possibly also Luna and Celestia ) ornaments finished, properly photographed, and up in the shop by next week!


Alrighty, back to making things and playing Civ V...
-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment